Here’s an elegant cake recipe befitting of a little Mother’s Day sunshine.
it’s a light rosemary lemon cake,
full of subtle aromatic scents & berry sweetness,
& low on all the stuff that makes you fat when you eat your cake!
this is also perfect for my (small) yoghurt addiction.
you can use regular, creamy yoghurt,
natural, organic yoghurt –
you know, just to name a few..
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
⅓ cup yoghurt
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp almond extract
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2 tsp lemon zest, grated
¼ cup berries (of your liking)
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F. Butter & line a 9″ cake pan.
2. Combine flour, rosemary, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a bowl; set aside.
3. Combine sugar & oil in a large bowl; beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Add yogurt, extracts, egg & egg white; beat 1 minute.
4. Add flour mixture & beat at low speed until well blended. Then, fold in zest & berries.
5. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden & cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Let cool.
6. Frost & decorate the cake however way your mom likes it.
(to make the 3-layer cake in the photos, simply triple the recipe)
You taught me everything
Everything you’ve given me
i’ll always keep it inside
You’re the driving force in my life, yeah
There isn’t anything
Or anyone that i could be
& it just wouldn’t feel right
If i didn’t have you by my side
You were there for me to love & care for me
When skies were gray
Whenever i was down
You were always there to comfort me
& no one else can be
What you have been to me you will always be
You will always be the girl
In my life for all times
Mama, Mama you know i love you
Oh you know i love you
Mama, Mama you’re the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama i just want you to know lovin’ you is like food to my soul
as always, these are all part of my shiny cake collection over at: