It’s time for birthday cakes again!
Today, it’s a snickerdoodle doozy with some rainbow crunch!
Sending my birthday love to Sydney this year for my favourite bestie & no. 1 fan –
Happyhappy birthday Grace!
For the cake
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
1¾ cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1¼ cup milk
Sprinkles (however much you like, seriously)
For the cinnamon cream cheese frosting
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 stick butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
2½ tsp cinnamon
6 cups powdered sugar
1. Set the oven to 160˚C/325˚F. Grease & flour your cake pans, set aside.
2. Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar until pale & fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
5. Add the dry mixture with the milk, alternating in three batches.
6. Add the sprinkles & fold them in.
7. Divide your batter evenly among your cake pans.
8. Bake for about 35 minutes.
9. Let cool, then happily stack your cake layers, doling out your frosting between each layer.
10. Sprinkle on top to your heart’s content.
For the frosting
1. Cream the butter & cream cheese until combined & smooth.
2. Add the vanilla & cinnamon, then the powdered sugar & beat on low until combined.
3. Turn mixer on high until frosting is smooth & spreadable.
here’s to living your dreams. .