it’s been unseasonably warm for autumn in melbourne
& the red gems of sweet strawberries are still ripening in the garden
add yoghurt + oats
& you’ve got the world’s healthiest muffin
2½ cup oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
1 cup plain low fat greek yoghurt
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1½ cup strawberries (diced & patted dry)
more strawberries to top off muffins
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C/400˚F. Line 12 muffin tins with liners. (Note: Silicone or foil will prevent the flourless base from sticking to the liners. You can also use a silicone muffin pan.)
2. Place all of the ingredients (except the strawberries) in a blender or food processor, & blend until oats are smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a bowl, then stir in diced strawberries. Additionally, you can top each muffin off with more strawberries.
4. Divide batter among liners, & bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool, then eat.
6. Have two more guilt-free.
because june is when i’ll be roaming the streets of europe again
it’s been awhile
so speaking of grand journeys. .