it’s that time of the year again
when a giant rabbit maniacally controls all the eggs in the world
& chocolate unfathomably pops out of everything
say you have too much chocolate?
as if that’s possible. .
125g unsalted butter
100g good quality dark chocolate (or any easter leftovers)
½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp rosewater
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
Adapted from Alanna’s romantic, little recipe on her adorable Petal & Pie blog
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F. Line a square tin or loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Over a low heat, melt the butter & chocolate in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
3. Pour into a bowl & stir in the cocoa powder & caster sugar.
4. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes, then whisk eggs in one at a time.
5. Add in the rosewater & stir well.
6. Fold in the flour & salt, & stir until just combined.
7. Pour into the prepared tin & bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
in the morning when i wake
& the sun is coming through,
oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness,
& you fill my head with you.
shall i write it in a letter?
shall i try to get it down?
oh, you fill my head with pieces
of a song i can’t get out.
can i take it to a morning
where the fields are painted gold
& the trees are filled with memories
of the feelings never told?
when the evening pulls the sun down,
& the day is almost through,
oh, the whole world it is sleeping,
but my world is you.